About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

7.20.2010

updated icebreaker post UPDATE

Previous to 'icebreaker' as an avatar, I used a scan off Cutter from his 1992 DEF package.

However, I've been using the frontal view "icebreaker" character online since 2005 or 2006. Somewhere at the tail end of the Venom Vs. Valor theme, anyway. Hence the background on my avatar with that green VvV package background. I've been wanting to update it off that VvV theme, but I don't have the original drawing I used to make it.




I'm going to try this updated 'icebreaker' for awhile. Here is a drawing based off an actual Coast Guard members picture. I wanted to incorporate a rescue jumper or port security feel, nothing really super special operation about it. Pretty basic, a PJ on shore look or something. With the beard that is more common than the previously more common goatee (actual life impacting art, I guess...). I went with a regular orange vest, so in this view "icebreaker" may be on guard at the docks, or out on a vessel repelling boarders, or being the guy boarding another vessel. I had no background in mind, so I went with a flag and somewhat classic, somewhat modern hand drawn "gijoe" title. Kind of generic, so I may rethink the background at some point. I'll keep this drawing around to play with another day.








Edited: I reworked a printed black and white of my VvV Icebreaker, so I think I'll go with that one, at least until I can get a better pose, or a chance to work on the "shotgun" pose...