About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

7.27.2010

After spending several hours and burning much fuel in search of the Operation: Crimson Strike years ago, or never even seeing just one of the Cobra "blueshirt" packs in that endeavor, really just makes me not want to buy newer stuff anymore. It can be become a job in itself. Even the modern releases that are out in "every" store... I didn't see 3/4 of everything listed on the 2009 YOJOE.com archives. I do not want an SDCC Slaughter, especially. And where I think with the GIJCC, there should be "attendee exclusives." It's the "treat," or souvenir, to remind one of a good time in a certain year at a certain GIJOE get together. I don't know if I feel the same way about SDCC, though, I haven't gone, but it looks like a fun time. With a larger market of all sorts of people buying "the Sarge" and re-selling simply since they can... well, that sucks all the fun out of it. And the figure doesn't look THAT good to me.

Should we have the opportunity to have it all, though? What's the real value of a GIJOE toy? I would like to say the simple fun, but I have caught myself viewing my own stuff with the potential to be able to sell for some cash. There's a few figures I can think of right now that I don't use, and am really more forcing myself to keep them due to the very fact that they really are on the low side of availability. I should trade them off, but the "value" makes me think they are better than they possibly are...