About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

7.07.2010

SNAKE armor

Along with the Snake Trax, I picked up the Snake armor. Both of these were on clearance, and since I rarely get to target I thought, what the hey.

I'm not as impressed with the Viper figure that came with it, although it ranks higher than Scrap-Iron. The backpacks on these new guys can really loosen and swing around when they are "in action." I liked the rifles hanging on the backpack, and the pistol is nice, but is it saying something when the little paper-box with the MARS logo is the more exciting addition to this package? ?!

I never had Snake Armor, and really might have seen it once in about 1986-87 in person. Since "The Doctor" is one of the figures from the modern line that I kinda like, he became my BAT mechanic. Is "The Doctor" actually "Hotwire" to me? Not really. Not yet anyway. Rex Lewis can stand on his own as a figure, this is not Cobra Commander to me: NO WAY. As some kind of cybernetic expert:YES!

I was thinking the SNAKE armor could be Rex Lewis' upgrade to the original Snake. The original Snake armors being mostly forgotten about with the success of the BATs. BATs could be hidden and be unobtrusive to being among humans. Where the SNAKE armors were slow and made easy targets.

So, Rex Lewis has helped improve the BATs in many areas with nano-technology. But, who created Overkill? (2005 version) I say Rex Lewis had a close friend on deaths door from some kind of disease, and after learning of Cobra's prior semi-successful Overkill cyborg, managed to save his friend after death by incorporating his friends brain onto the 2005 Overkill body. (the other Overkill is currently whereabouts: unknown.) The original Overkill BAT has also been upgraded and the technology implemented within the other previous standard assault versions.

Rex Lewis chose to upgrade the Snake armor as a way to walk amongst a slew of BATs on a battlefield and have some way to "correct" any miscalculations on what BATs were targeting. A slightly better suit of armor, but high on the price.