About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

7.18.2010

Toys R Us stores and the first hunt for the 2010 HISS

I didn't get it. I didn't have a choice as there weren't any at the store, that's the only reason, really.

I know of where 4 Toys R Us stores are in Wisconsin. Green Bay, Appleton, Madison, and Onalaska. There might be one or more around the Milwaukee to Kenosha areas, but I don't those areas that well. I'm usually in a work vehicle, so the store has to be close by for me to stop at without losing time during the day.

I haven't stopped at the Green Bay store, it's usually too early before the store opens when I'm in this area. The store isn't too out of the way for me, though.

I've stopped at Appleton a couple times. I bought the Sting Raider and Wolf Hound this time. I almost didn't notice the new Pursuit of Cobra package right next to all the Attack on the Pit packages and unsold single Mole pods. No 2010 HISS tanks to buy, though, must have sold out leaving 2 Wolf Hounds. I was thinking about getting the Wolf Hound, but then I was kind of on the fence, too. Having only the Wolf Hound be the only thing I was really interested in when I was there, I bought it, and the last Sting Raider to take advantage of the buy-1 get one half-off sale.


I like the Onalaska store, very nice size. I pass by this one very much less often and its usually later in the day where I just want to go home.

I haven't been to the Madison store for years, though. This is a store that was kind of local for my in-laws, so we would go there. Even though that wasn't that close.

Dubuque, IA had a TRU, as well as Woodbury, MN, and Duluth, MN (all closed now, I think). Those were a little more convenient. Especially the Woodbury location when I had my own car. I dislike myself when I think how many times I drove over there looking for the latest stuff only to find it sold through between 2003 and 2005/6. Even just to Eau Claire for the Operation: Crimson Sabotage sets at a Kay Bee, I spent some hunting time and fuel, bad. (really sucked at Kay Bee, waiting before the store opened one day, to find someone bought ALL the OCS sets at once the night prior....!!)

I'll probably wait a little longer on the HISS for now, though. With average excitement from other collectors who bought the 2010 HISS, I'll trust that the thing isn't as good as it looks. I may wait for the new VAMP and Cobra Fury to hit shelves to even look again. Maybe there will be another sale at that time, too.