About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

7.19.2010

The blue, the gray, and the blue/gray

Not too long after the 2000/01/02 A real American hero collection came through, I found myself kind of aiming at making my Cobra forces a standard blue-gray that was found on some of the repainted offerings. This kind of followed into 2003/04 with the Cobra Nightwatch set. I bought two of these, and found the blue-gray very appealing. The Rock (Range) Viper is another that has a nice shade of what I was looking at expanding on. The Crimson CAT II tanks Crimson Guard Immortal also incorporates a similar blue-gray. In some ways I wished there would have been more offerings in these shades. I do like the blue, and the standard Cobra Viper blue is good, as well as the '85 Tele-Viper. The "blue" seems more out of place if it gets much more lighter in color, though.

Here's some of what I'm talking about:
1: all flash open
2: detailed with flash
3: detailed with no flash
Just playing with lighting and such with that.