About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

5.29.2011

organizing GIJOE figures

Since the beginning, my collection has always been evolving. For the most part it has been growing in size in all manner, but it has also shifted to smaller size from a more vehicle-heavy collection to a figure/ character oriented one.

Consider below is how my collection of figures looked late 1991. That's 20 years ago already! A lot of things have changed.



One thing that hasn't changed, or perhaps in some ways is always changing, is organizing everything.

Below is one of many different ways I've organized my collection: two boxes, one for the good guys, one for the bad. Simple.



But as the amount of stuff grew beyond boxes, and I wanted to have certain accessories more accessible, I've changed to other boxes, to multiple stacking plastic drawer units, to individual plastic baggies.

In my head right now, I'm still contemplating which figures I really will get a good amount of use out of as my GIJOE possessions accompany into the future. Still

For instance, in my End of Winter post, I essentially organized my entire winter operations troops into one container. Well, over the last couple weeks I pretty much deemed it a sub-team in a sense, although not technically, the figures are too limited to the cold weather action. I liked them all, but, I decided to liquidate these.
It made it really easy to do as I had them all organized in one bin!

I'm still really interested in getting some kind of tool box for organizing my figures. Something I can have that is portable, and is easy to spread out figures in a way that makes it seem just like back in the day; back when I was just taking the tops off of shoe boxes and picking out who I had.

The real tool boxes, which would take a slightly larger (and heavier!) almost chest sized ones, really aren't that portable if I tried to jam all the figures into one.

Organizing things I still haven't sorted out after all these years. But it will be a lot easier with a lot more shelf space available now.