About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

5.27.2011

Less stuff now

Yesterday, I did it.
The actual physical removal of most of the big vehicles I had left in my motor pool.

Don't get me wrong, I still think all the vehicles just trimmed out are very cool. When the things are really not getting used or sitting in a storage container for 95% of the time, I just don't see me getting as much fun out of the stuff this way.

I've trimmed many long time owned vehicles that I've posted about recently, from my very 1983 HQ, to the 1983 Dragonfly, to vehicles that I've rebuilt like the Phantom X-19, to vehicles I really haven't had that long like the Hurricance. Even the mighty WHALE is gone, as much as I always told myself it would be the VERY LAST vehicle to ever leave my collection.

Good stuff, all gone. But so is the weight of simply having stuff surrounding my corner of the basement. The space is really opened up, and I have the "liquid" value of all my stuff that I can use to complete and get more stuff that I have interest in acquiring.

Although I will not be flying my Night Raven anymore, I gotta admit, that I haven't really used it much for years, and it really rested on its landing wheels on top of a Rubbermaid container for most of the last few years, or eaten up a good chunk of my large shelf space.

Gone, but man, that is one cool plane!! That modern Night Raven CAN NOT TOUCH the old one.

To end on a positive note, I can spread my remaining stuff out and sort, and prioritize now, and most importantly: PLAY!!!