About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.27.2011

Gone. GIJoes that have left the building Part 3

Continued from Part 2, Part 3 here brings me to my May 2011 trimming of my cold weather forces, as well as many larger vehicles.

The cold weather forces were a little easier to send out the door. As much as I really like the dedicated "arctic" troops, it was that overly dedicated role that really limited their overall versatility.

The vehicles that took the ax here were actually what were my choices for an absolute bare-bones motor pool from a previous reductions and trades (see part 4). So what you see in vehicles are some of my favorites, even though I've sent them on. (Yes, even Destro took a hit, but I'll explain that at some point after the New Year starts.)

Even the HQ and Killer WHALE did go. But, less stuff really did give me more room. But pictures of what is gone is what we're here to look at:








But even before getting to the "bare bones" that got cut here, I made even other trims seen in Part 4!