About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.27.2011

Gone. GIJoes that have left the building: Part 2

In a reverse timeline order, this is continued from Part 1, but Part 1 is actually the most recent big cut to my once decent (and fun!) collection of GIJoes. I cut this part of my collection in August of 2011.

Before trimming the large amount of figures pictured in my Part 1 post, I was considering keeping those as my collection. Those figures seen in Part 1 were really "my years." Those were really the bulk of figures that got the most use from me. Not easy to cut.

The "swivel heads" were a little easier, though. I put up a brief post of thoughts on "swivel heads" here. The figures from 1982-1985, for me, and while VERY COOL still, more often than not did not get out for play. These were the figures that really felt more collector to me, more stuff that just didn't get used.

I still think that as a whole, 1982-1984 makes a great set with the vehicles, and is very much hugely visually interesting together.

Also I decided to trim all the unused Joes from other years, as well as figures that would get little use in my future small collection. So, jet pilots and divers, for instance, didn't have much "future" to me, since my future vehicle collection had no jet planes or boats, really. (This will make sense when I tell you what left the building just prior to this group pictured below)


But anyway, pictures say more. Here is 2nd to last "big chop" of my collection to "leave the building:"













Previous to this huge chunk of my collection, I chopped out another smaller chunk that you can see in Part 3!