About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.27.2011

Gone. GIJoes that have left the building Part 4

As I continue (from Part 3) my reverse look back at how my collection has slowly been dwindling in size, I'll have less cohesive photos to say more than I can in writing. So, I may have to simply sum it up on how things went down.

It was around the end of November 2008 when I made another good sized chop. An interesting note is that I pulled my WHALE out of the "bulk" deal at the last moment, but 3 years later I did end up selling it. It was perhaps the biggest one-time draw down I did in one fell-swoop. (I used this liquid value to buy more figures from 2009 into 2010...)

Prior to the 2008 "cut," I met up with some fellow fans down in Madison in late 2005 (shortly after the GIJOE convention in MN) and I was able to trade off some big vehicles and then some. I even got to trade with the now defunct "My generation toys" operator. I may have to make another post with random shots of what I traded there, like the 2003 MCC and my Rolling Thunder and Thunderclap, if I can find them. Or I might just find some old collection shots showing what it was like in my collection at home in 2005 and previous to this "Madison meet-up."

Between 2005 and 2009, I was also trading more online, as well as selling on the Ebay. I'll probably not be able to get a photo grouping of these for you to look at that, though. Perhaps I'll find some photos to randomly put up for something to look at in the next post. ?



Either way, here is what "left the building" in November of 2008 (I did pull my WHALE out just before the deal, so that is why you see it here):










Next up in Part 5 will be a random mix of photos showing what was in my collection around the house that was either traded or sold individually.