About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

9.09.2011

New (to me) figures (sort of)

With a large chunk of figures going out, it seems counter-productive to bring figures back in, especially so soon. But a few select picks coming in are okay since multiple times the amount of figures were trimmed out.

New additions

Three of them are part of my "army builder" goal, which with the addition of these really makes the goal of six of each attained. These three are probably under-whelming in interest to the majority of fans out there, but these troopers really represent the core base of the bad guys.
These new troop additions are:
a '86 Viper
a '86 Motor Viper
and an '88 Iron Grenadier.


Upgrade and new version


My 1986 Hawk is my original Hawk from waaaaay back in the day. While "my" Hawk is in okay shape, he definitely has the wear to show from years past. I obtained a new-to-me 1986 Hawk figure which is in almost brand-new shape to "upgrade" my GIJoe commander. Sentiment is going to force me to keep my original Hawk, however. I am thinking that "old" Hawk will eventually end up sitting with my original F.A.N.G. copter that I've had even longer; it shows much wear and tear, but is really only still in my possession since it was my first G.I.Joe vehicle.

Also, with my recent trimming of figures, the figures from the range of '82-'85 is pretty much all gone. And while I will most likely still end up trimming much more, I decided to bring in Eco-Warriors Barbecue to replace the "trimmed" '85 Barbecue.
Eco-Warrior Barbecue fits much better with my Haz-mat crew, which comprised of basically the Eco-Warriors, Ozone, Clean-Sweep, and Flint (sometimes). 1985 Airtight and 1985 Barbecue, as well as Charbroil and Blowtorch were in on this little squad up until the latest "cut."