About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

5.28.2011

custom Cobra Detonator



After reading a post about a search for a custom Cobra Detonator, it reminded me about my attempt at one of these.

The Detonator I had found was in fairly decent shape, but the nerf rockets were kinda worn-out and the air bladder a little on the weak side. And I didn't like the big orange T on the plunger.

I also had acquired a modern Crimson Attack Tank (C.A.T.), must have been about 2004, and I found that I really didn't like the M.O.B.A.T. style. It's a decent tank, but I didn't like the one-man turret figure use. And I didn't like the Crimson Guard Immortal sticking so far up and out of the turret.

Either way, I got bored and wanted to arm the Detonator with a turret on the back, and thus, what you see in the picture is what happened.

I am a huge fan of the paint job camo on the 1998 Rattler 4WD, and I wanted to see if I could replicate that, using my Detonator custom attempt as the testing grounds of my spray paint ability.

I never really finished this up, it's about 60% of the way to where I wanted it. I wanted to add a top with a hinge for the 3 troops in the front, and also wanted to make a "mortar nest" in the center where Cobra troops could use that center area in a moving bunker/ IFV/ transport capacity.

I still have this thing sitting in the basement, and I might get around to tweaking it up to where I want it someday.

I was calling it the Cobra Devastator. It was to be the biggest thing on the battlefield, almost a Rolling Thunder counterpart.