About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.01.2010

armoire?

Did I spell that right, armroire? Armwar? armore?

Well, since I can't spell it, I'll just say, "big fancy cabinet." (BFC from here.)

So, we got this BFC for this computer terminal, and it works to a point, but is really just a BFC. I'm half tempted to try two of these things as a GIJOE cabinets. (Big fancy GIJoe cabinets from here.)

I was thinking a pair of BFGC would be good, one for the good guys, one for the bad guys.

I think for the Joes, for the BFC we have, the size would work really well for the BFGC. The top should be able to accommodate the '83 HQ, and with shelves placed on the wall behind and above, the "motor pool" should fit well. The inside with have some kind of figure storage. Right now, I'm thinking it would be sorted like my departments breakdown that I did awhile back. A "security" rack, a "medical" rack, a "sea" rack, a "pilot" rack, etc.

Cobra would mirror this, however, with no Terrordrome to top it off, what would go there? The "bad guys" in my mind are split into separate groups for the most part. Only working together for mutual benefit. So, perhaps the top would be more of an airstrip? Or maybe a "blank" area that could be the spot a lot generic battlefield items and such could be. Or perhaps it is time to hunt down a Terrordrome, no, even better is that that Molten Monkey International Virus base would be available by the time I actually get this kind of project rolling. That would be cool. (see how random my thoughts get as I think about this stuff?)

In between these two BFGC's is my bed. Actually, I would have some kind of a desktop/ flattop between these, with some drawing supplies underneath on shelves, and then suspended above on the back wall some more shelves?

So many ways to do organize GIJoe stuff, only thing keeping me off even simple projects like this is that I'll have to move it all at some point. I would dislike getting all comfortable and spread out, only to have to pack it up. Again.