About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.02.2010

random shot



I was once an I.D. student...once a student... aarraaaaghg onccceee a stuuuudeenntt.. (get the Cobra Commander "once a man" thing...? maybe not.)

Anyway, for a presentation techniques class, we had a weekly hand rendering project where we essentially had to copy an existing rendering, usually out of a marker rendering textbook or something. I liked these in that it really got us to look closer at what went into these works and got us hands-on practice for something very few people did even 10 years ago.

I was passing through my current basement, and when we moved in here I had put a couple of the results of these projects on the wall. I thought I would try one for a background shot combined with this really odd piece of petrified wood in the foreground. Something to do, anyway.

I thought I'd put Recoil and Footloose into the scene. Here's two Joes that are really rather pretty good looking figures that don't get much internet play time that I see. With so many "core" characters coming out new and taking up the bulk of what are on the "front-shelves" that is to be expected, though.

Unless you're like me and still play with old stuff I really only fairly recently acquired.