About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.21.2010

random road thoughts

I get to drive a little bit all over for my current job, and while I rather dislike my job and the boss, the driving part does have the advantage of me being able to stop in most locations all over the eastern/ southeastern border of Wisconsin.

I've been thinking of changing up my current runs to incorporate an overnight over that way, SO WISCONSIN JOE FANS, if you're reading this, let me know! Maybe we can get some small meets or something in the future or something, since I would have nothing else to do once I shut the truck down. Some meet-ups would really be the only benefit for me to do overnights, as I wouldn't get paid for sleeping. (boss is rich but cheap)

Either way, I didn't stop at the Toys R Us stores I could have, in Green Bay on Mason, or the Appleton store. The new vehicles, and just being a toy fan in general, really got me interested in stopping. Paying full retail is something I didn't want to do, so I skipped, I do keep an eye on the internet for TRU store sales.

I did stop in at the Oshkosh Target. There were NO figures, just the new Ghost Hawk and Doom cycle. A pair of each. And there were a few '09 Night Ravens at almost full price. Even if I was a kid, the Raven isn't $40-some after tax cool that I can tell. Even with me wanting to keep large vehicles to the minimum, I can't give up my Night Raven-'86. THAT is a $40 craft. Even from an objective "need" view that I've taken with many favorite vehicles, the '86 is just plain sleek and the shiz. I said shiz, because it is that cool. The '09, maybe a fun toy, just with so many angles it quickly loses grace.

I am kind of interested in the Hawk and Cycle, but really, neither are very big "needs." The Cycle is almost a "need," as my Dreadnoks are riding just the Thundermachine currently, and may take full ownership on the Sting Raider. The price is my deterrent, and it's hard to tell if my old mold collection will fit to my liking on the thing.