About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

1.01.2012

New years and holidays

All the holidays used to be a lot more fun back in the day. I'm talking Christmas vacation mostly here. In my days, it was almost always 2 solid weeks off.

Now it is one day. (work, boo! :P :) )

Not as much fun.


Not even much snow up here this year, we haven't hardly been out on the sled yet!


I hope to get to taking a closer look at how my new slimmed collection is looking as much as possible. It's insane in how just a short amount of time I really can't recall what I picked for my 28 man team right now. I have written down a lot of the "analyzing" I did when I was picking and choosing, and I think this will be interesting to see how after a busy couple months if I still think I made the right choices at this point.

I'm also wondering how my new collection needs to be written in my imaginary joeverse. I mean, I had massive departments and units with units with the Joes, and Cobra was getting very varied within the Viper legions. With all those imaginary characters and backgrounds that I had set up in my head, I think I really have to make up some make-believe background to explain what happened to all those figures that are "just gone (?)."



On the modern side of things, I'm going to get the Renegades style GIJoe figures. I liked that show, a slight diversion from the norm, and with the new figures, the "junior joe" can play, too. Perhaps the VAMP (2011) will serve as our "Coyote?"