About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

1.10.2012

Add a Skystorm? Random thoughts...

While I mull over my tiny GIJoe motor pool, I will most certainly have the Tomahawk. However, currently, that is the extent of the air power for my GIJOE team. There are no big jets, and the Dragonfly has been retired-away.

I wonder if I need a gunship, though?

The Tomahawk provides for a lot of versatility, which is why it is still here. Sure it is simply plain cool. But it has the utility angle, the transport angle, and the attack angle. A good vehicle that can be used in a variety of ways. It is a "maximum" use ability, and that is what I want in every vehicle that will be in my little collection over the years.

The "need" is met for air movement, and the big jets are "on call" in my imagination. But, what about a one-man air vehicle? I mean, I could send in the Tomahawk, but, is it wise to send it into an area alone? Would the Joe team risk all moving in in one aircraft?

I'm trying out the Ghost HAWK now, but it leaves me feeling like I felt with the SkyHawk.

The Mudfighter is always there, and Dogfight is in my little 28-man team. I could pair him back up with his original craft, and give the Joes a little prop-plane with lots of bombs that can operate from dirt roads the world over (in my imagination). But, past dropping bombs and strafing runs, is there much more in regards to versatility and the Mudfighter? (However, the "low-tech" aspect of the plane is something I'm very much in favor of...)


Which is why I wonder if the Skystorm could be an option. I've never seen one of these in person, and over the years of internet forum discussions, I don't remember seeing it mentioned hardly at all.
I suppose I have overlooked it a lot because of the pilot, Windmill. But even still, it's a 1988 vehicle, but even as I look at it now it seems like it isn't part of that year. I guess, I just haven't looked THAT close at it over the years to even think of which year it belongs to. (this is the messed up association I make, like when I think Rolling Thunder, I think, "1988.")

I know the converting rotor helped to dissuade my interest (obvious action knob). The Skystorm seems like it is a lot bigger than I thought in my head, though.

And it could add to my GIJOE team in bridging the gap between a (fast!) gunship with somewhat (?) stealth-capabilities. It could be good for recon. missions. Plus, 2 bombs, four missiles, and twin nose-guns (and an engine cover!) equal what my Conquest X-30 was bringing.

This shot from Cradea2 is really neat, and I think Dogfight looks pretty good right there.

And the information from the Joe Index on the Skystorm is really neat. But, I wonder about this vehicle here.

And I found a review on youtube.


Or would I be better off with a 1990 Locust?
Or now that Yetibrew has a D.F. "upgrade," perhaps I should think about snagging the ARAHC Locust back again?

I'm also considering just waiting it out and snagging the S.K. Omega Owl, if and when that comes available.