About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

7.05.2011

28

Seems like just yesterday I was questioning if it would be hard to live with just 60 figures for my Joe team. But, even still, I did just trim those previous picks down from the 50 I had more recently to just 28 figures.

In some ways I miss everything I ever had, even stuff I just recently sent out the door. I really do like having the space, though. I can move a little more freely, and I am looking forward to reducing my GIJOE team in many ways.

If you remember, I picked out an "A-team" that was going to be my team, but, I felt like I was missing something there. And this is something I've been questioning in my head for awhile, can I really do without?

But as I look at the shelf with the 28 figures, it is still a good number of figures! Shoulder to shoulder, they really take up about a 3 foot wide space. And it's still 28 figures I have to move with my two hands, after all, these are "action" figures.

I still feel some hesitation on what I might be potentially trading out, and I question if what I've picked will be fun and versatile enough for my future adventures.

28 figures really seems good to me now. It's not too small, like an original 13-style force, but not too big, like 120-some.

I can make FOUR teams of 7. And I've found that if I ever was picking out figures for adventures, it was usually a smaller squad such as this that was present.

Plus, I was thinking about the 1983 APC, it held 28 figures. I don't have my APC anymore, but maybe there is some mysterious force telling me that 28 is the way to go and I should get my APC back? (no, there isn't, and I'm not.)

But here is the breakdown for the 28-man team:

'86--2
'87--5
'88--7
'89--2
'90--4 (that's a huge drop from what I had before in'90!)
'91--2
'92--1
'93--ZERO
'94--2
Modern oring--3


So, the numbers for year really changed from previous picks. 1988 came out surprisingly ahead in the picks. And while '92 is still way low, 1993 ended up with no representation at all, which was kind of how it was maybe, as I was lumping '93 and '94 into a "battle corps" category.

Well, I think 28 figures will be THE number I'm going for, but we'll see if I don't edit what I've chosen before I let you all know "who" is in.