About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

6.25.2011

potential 50 gijoe team

If I remember right, I think my "50th" GIJoe figure was the 1991 Snake Eyes.

That was almost 20 years ago.

Recently I've been challenging myself to see if I can make a small GIJOE team that I can be happy with, as opposed to a large, large, large number of figures.

Well, on a quick decisive pick of my figures, I ended up at about 85 figures initially.
Then, I got myself down to just 60 figures.

Well, after some more "play" time, I chopped 10 more and now got myself down to the big 50.

In my "60 figures" post, I broke things down by year for which figure was present. Perhaps I'll do the same just for comparison of how things changed:

'85--2
'86--2
'87---6
'88--8
'89-- 4
'90--7
'91--5
'92--1
'93/'94--5
modern--9 (technically 10, but one figure is more parts...)


For me, looking back, 1990 got the biggest ax chop. And 1992 is almost non-existent.

And it's not due to me not liking the figures.
As I was trying to be objective in my selections, I really had to consider how much I really used the figure since I got it. Truthfully, as cool as some are, and I don't want to give them up, I really haven't used them much; if at all.
With prior use thought about, I would compare it to the potential broad uses in the future. Would I get a real good amount of play out of this figure?

I would take into account how the cartoons, comics, or even online fans have influenced me on my own take on the character of a figure.

I even tried to see if I had too many redundant specialties, or if I needed a larger variety of specialties that I had already removed.

Keep in mind, I'm not going for the large army. It's going to be a small mobile strike force, and there is going to be a lot of helicopter use, and most of the vehicles are going to be jeeps and tanks with field station weaponry. There will be no high-seas adventures or arctic throw downs.