About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

6.15.2011

60 figures

I've been digging through my figures lately, seeing if I can go with less. Not just fewer figures, but less stuff overall. I'm thinking since I can't really take on a large and expansive collection (real life comes to play...), I was thinking I should get everything down to a very manageable level.

And not just quantity, but quality, too. And not even quality, but personal preferences. And then edit those items by the potential usefulness, originality, and downright fun that could come out of really introspecting on MY GIJoe team.

Well, I kicked out the swivel heads, picked out the "double" characters and got my favorite versions identified. I weighed on whether there was a modern (''98-'08) version that was better than a classic ('82-'94) version.

Then I went through all that to see if I would actually use what was left.

I had it at about 80-some GIJOE team members.

Then I got aggressive and picky.

I got realistic.

What remained? Well, 60 characters (figures) for my future team. That's still a lot of people, but I'm kind of excited about this, too.

Here's the current (today) breakdown of what will stay by product year:

'85--2
'86--3
'87--6
'88--8
'89-- 4
'90--14
'91--5
'92--2
'93/'94--6
Modern '98-'08--9

Does it add up to 60?
One guy is really kind of parts, so...its' kinda 59? Did I add it right?

It's kind of interesting on the breakdown. I found '90 had a lot of good things I wanted to keep incorporated. '88 and '87 wasn't far behind, either. I'm kind of surprised that '89 had so few that left, I might have to see "who" I kicked out.

'92 was really low, even though '85 was the same and '86 not far behind, many of '85/'86 characters are represented in later years that took the place out of those years.

1992. Was this the "worst" year in my opinion? Well, I'm going to save that opinion for another blog post, but, this might very much be the case. More to come.


For now, I'm going to let what I have sit and stew, see if my choices are things I can live with.

I'll also probably start going through the figures heading out the door and see if there's something I might not want to live without.

Interesting times, and a lot of work.

And I still have to pick through the "bad guys!"