About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

10.06.2010

A lull

It's been a couple/ few weeks since I really did anything "Joe" that is noteworthy. Some of it is due to simply life as it is, some from me moving my remaining piles of stuff around in the basement.

In the basement, is pretty much where 90-some percent of my stuff is. In this space downstairs, there is a lot of room. It's dry, comfortable, and really has no strange shape... a big rectangle, essentially.

I had originally wanted to make it a big play area for everyone in the house, of all ages, but due to a surprising lack of sound insulation between units, I decided not to go all out on this space. The bulk of the room became storage, as it is probably meant to be used for. The smaller laundry room area, I set up my Joe shop in, but due to where the bathrooms are located in the adjoining units, listening to the users of them..., well, not a thing I was going to expose any of us animals to. Mostly, since I didn't want to have to explain what that sound is to the curious little ones who may join me in the basement.

Seeing as how I don't think I'm moving on to bigger or better things within the next year, I decided to add some insulation in spots I can so this winter I can use the basement with the wee ones present. I bought the faced insulation for header blocking, and a partition wall, but, I wonder if I'm going to have to take it down due to the paper being a potential fire hazard? I also snagged a couple of blue foam boards to place against the adjoining unit walls to reduce sound, but at an r10 value, it might not be enough.

So, in summary, I spent more time as of late trying to organize or lay out a space all for toys. I hope to get the block spots done this next Monday, when little people aren't around the fiberglass insulation can get dusty.

Interesting how I've spent a lot of time manipulating spaces just to give some kind of spot for all these Joes over the years.