About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

9.20.2010

A youtube HQ '83 review

There's this YOUTUBE review of the '83 HQ.

It covers the lift section, and, wow...I'm blown away. I've had an '83 HQ since so far back in the day it seems like forever, but, WOW... I never knew that the old tow-able weapons fit in the bay like this!!!!

Of course, I only more recently acquired the tow-able weapons themselves in the last couple years, so in some ways I never had the obvious sitting right in front of me. With all I've read on the 'HQ, too, I cannot recall seeing this information listed.


Kind of figures, I did sell off the H.A.L. not too long ago. In my quest for reduction, as nice as the H.A.L. was in styling, I very much disliked it when it was being towed by a vehicle and the turret turned too stiff-like/ snappy for my tastes. My thoughts were that the F.L.A.K. could do just as well of a job at my HQ which wasn't requiring wheels on it. Oh well on the H.A.L., though... I always thought of those leg supports (as it turns out) as not-so-detailed gas pumps!

NOW I KNOW!