About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

10.25.2010

MAMBA

The Cobra MAMBA is a vehicle that I traded away back around 2000. This was a used MAMBA, which was complete, but had a crack on a wing between the two tails. I only had it a couple years, but I'm not sure what else I didn't like about it that I traded it in so soon. Perhaps the size of the thing? Not sure, but I've been thinking about older stuff, and the MAMBA does come to my mind sometimes.

I like the FANG II the most, it's a fairly imaginatively advanced aircraft with loads of bombs, and the Gyro-Vipers look good in it to me. And it's small size makes Cobra that "sneak spelled sideways."

However, the MAMBA would look good next to the FANG II's as I think about it now. The Inter-meshing rotors are fairly advanced, and two armed rocket pods up the ante on the assault side. A shade of purple-blue and black with red missiles.

Perhaps this is a vehicle that could have used a handle, not unlike the NAC. And the apparent lack of landing gear may have bugged me a bit, too.

Anybody have the MAMBA out there that totally digs or dislikes it?