About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.30.2020

1993 Beachhead and 1986 Beachhead

 And some random Snake Eyes photos of my old collection.

That's what this is.

What do you think about this swap of Beachhead figures?

What was I thinking about Beachhead before?

The 1993 o-ring is in there and it feels maybe just a little too tight.  With my main 1986 Beachhead having a broken crotch, and this is one of the third of three Beachheads (at least) to pass through my hands that had a broken crotch, it's a figure I have wanted to tighten up.  With new crotch.  But for the money, it would be almost better to buy a packaged figure to better ensure a figure ends up coming off the ebay in good shape.  

The 1986 Beachhead head does look a little large but larger looking heads seem to be a 1986 thing.  The 1993 head is really not too far of a departure in style, it is somewhat just the addition of a helmet and goggles.   The much more blue blue-green of the 1986 figure would contrast with this simple pants swap, though.


Maybe I should just put the 1986 green arms on the 1993 body?


Just some style notes, does one pair of pants bring more to Beachhead?   The magazine detail from 1986 was moved to the inside of the pants leg on one side.


Over on the other side, one knife will do as a second pistol holster  replaced the other knife.



This is my second loose 1993 Beachhead, the first had some discoloration.  The pants green on the 1993 just seems so close to the 1986 green I had to try the swap.
The green on the 1993 vest and the head almost seem like it was painted on top of the blue and it end up more blue-green because of this.

The 1993 vest style does not improve on Beachheads 1986 vest for me. 

While the 1993 Beachhead launcher has some nice details, the accessories have almost no appeal to me today, even though that Spearhead rifle is one of my favorite accessories. 














And a couple of Snake Eyes pictures.  The HoodedCobraCommander788 review on the 1991 Snake Eyes made me wonder if that wasn't even my Snake Eyes seen here that I sold years ago.  That's the original string on my photos.  

That's one of those accessories that just rarely even came out of whatever storage configuration I had.  I'm even somewhat wondering what I doing when I took the pictures as appears to be in my old HQ's kitchen on a tray that was sitting on top of the microwave. 

I thought I would mention this here and as the photobucket turned into a pain that makes it not easy to get photos off the site, and I am thinking I have the pictures elsewhere here but with the changes in media storage and a hard drive death, it's a project of proportion to sort through it all now.