About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.21.2020

Old G.I.Joe thoughts



The G.I.Joe Mudbuster was mentioned on the Forgotten Figures facebook page.   The Mudbuster was a vehicle that I wanted to like a lot, I mean it is just a pickup and kind of a jeep like addition, but the lack of steerable front wheels and spring fire rocket accessories left me wanting more.

A better weapon on the rear turret post would have been the way to go and the elimination of the holders on the tailgate.  The bumper ram feature replaced by static under the engine launchers could have done the same spring-fired gimmick while hiding the bulky spring mechanisms.  The Mudbuster sat up high enough where this would have worked.

How many vehicles share the same amount of parts across the G.I.Joe line?

Here's three, and the Ice Snake shares a lot of the exact same parts as the Mudbuster.

These are all gone now but I like the Ice Snake more than the Mudbuster looking back.  There is a lot more bulk to the Ice Snake than it seems, and it has more of bottom, as much as it has no bottom on part of it.   The Ice Snake would have more value for me now.


I have to wonder how the 1990 Hammer wheels were picked for the 1993 Ice Snake and Mudbuster, though?