About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.01.2020

New stuff and Robo J.O.E.

 

The local shop got some new G.I.Joe items, which are all old G.I.Joe items, but since I have not been there in some months I thought I would see if there was anything I could use.  And there really was not anything that I really had to have.   But, to support local I went with some smaller items that may fit into my little G.I.Joe (mostly inactive lately) universe.

Of course, a little overpaying for what it is, and not all complete.
I did not dig out my official "where I got it from" folder to add these so they will be sitting out for some time.  Even though my vacation is over this week at the H.Q., and the other half of the command team discontinued outside employment activities, this will give me a reason to work on the lower level of the H.Q. as we slide through fall and into winter.

I may or may not pick up the actual Headquarters (1983) that is at the local shop as I do miss having that little base for setting up.  I didn't look at the parts as the shop was busy and priced in the higher range with broken jail cell tabs, but it also sounded like the culmination of two sets that the shop had acquired.   Maybe, we'll seem, right?

What I picked up:





I'll get to the rest at a later time for what interested me in them, but with Halloween not too far behind us I though Robo J.O.E. would be a figure that would fun to look at here.  Forgotten figures Robo Joe mentions my original thoughts on the figure from back in the day, a higher-priced figure with limited articulation; the Armor Tech figures.  I bought Destro being that it was Destro back the day, and Duke.

 
The cybernetic side of possibilities on a relatively blank slate character draw my interest.  Other than that, Forgotten Figures really describes the figure well.  Even just putting the accessories in the the hands of this Armor Tech figure brought back memories of when I bought that Destro and Duke back in the day.  Big solid fists that turn in arms that are articulated less than the '82 straight arm figures.  Waists that do not turn and shorter stocky legs that two points of articulation don't help.

Then again, in some made up fiction, maybe this is the best technology available to fix up the scientific engineering genius at that time.  The unnamed G.I.Joe scientists are still unnamed.  The exact background the Greg Scott laboratory, aside from "robotic battle armor" needed to fight in space is really an open ended story to explore.  In some ways, does this not seem like some RoboCop style of origin..., maybe G.I.Joe has more going on in the background that hasn't been seen?

Either way, the MOS: Criminal Termination

and the SMOS: Outlaw

has to be one of the more non-standard skill sets added to the G.I.Joe roster over the years.

The Jet-Tech Operations Expert, or J.O.E., was built with the remaining part of the Greg Scott laboratory plans after the Destro attack, too.   What does that mean?   (what can I make up with an older imagination?)