About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.17.2019

Team testing, sorting, packing.

Hit and Run is out and instead of trying to sell or trade this figure, I think it will be best put with my other more personally relevant figures.   In one of the rubbermaids I have a small container with some of the stuff I saved that would be stuff from my very childhood.    What's left from my '80's G.I.Joe childhood?  Let's take a look:





While it looks like I was the kid that couldn't use scissors, I have to point out that the scissors that were available to me at the time were these really useless safety plastic scissors.   I see that with the "junior joes" now, they struggle with the "kid scissors" and while the "adult" scissors are maybe too big for the hands, I can see a much better and cleaner cut.   I probably did some straight up ripping after frustration when I cut these years back.


From the back of vehicle and figure packages are some flag points.  What vehicles did the 2 and 3 points come from?   Zandars flag point is here.   The 6 flag point is from the Killer W.H.A.L.E.
When the 1994 "original" G.I.Joe offer came out I used all the newest flag points and went out of my way to save these.   I have to wonder if anyone really counted the flag points that were processing those orders and where they all ended up?



I think the "x-tra weapons" was maybe a early '90's accessory pack inventory and spare weapons.  I'm kind of at a loss for what it is for sure, but it looks like I had Dogfights pistol at the time, and I'm not sure where I picked that up at that time.  I had '88 Destro using it for a long time, though.



The sentimental figures.  Figures I opened up back in the day and had many adventures.



 Low Light's o-ring finally gave today.  This figure got a lot of play and you can see where I tried to smash that uzi into his leg holding spot.   Hawk kept his pistol and Serpentor his knife.   Repeater came in later, unlike the other three that were gifts, was a purchase on my own.  People that were around in life at that time are all gone, the location it came from gone, and the fact that it was with me from a way back in the day home makes Repeater a little more connected. (even though the character was never a big gotta use this guy character.)
The stickers are from my original Night Raven, Dragonfly, W.H.A.L.E., and best bud's Tomahawk, all done.  The red shell is from a little green "army men" cannon that actually fired these.



I think this was an inventory grid I made up sometime in the mid-90's and then I cut it up. 


I counted about 110 and with "G.I.Joe" and "Payload" among the names, I don't know what I was doing now.   Maybe a random mission selection method?




Anyway, Hit and Run is going to join this box, so now in the future if I can't remember what it is, or someone finds this, they'll know what it is. 

       


Oh, and I might as well put Icebreaker's "other half's" Cobra Commander in there, too.   I have no connection to the figure other than that it came from "the other half's" cereal box and then sat inside a cup on a shelf until I took it.  




There we go, all packed up.  Except Repeaters figure card, it doesn't fit, and I don't want to cut the file card.





So apparently in my team sorting and trimming years back I was trying to incorporate an
"original 13" aspect.   Today I thought I would test this out to see what figures I have on my team might replace the actual original 13.

Breaker---Recoil
Clutch---Blocker
Flash---Sci-fi
Grandslam---Rampart
Grunt---Spearhead
Hawk---Backblast
Rock and Roll--- Roadblock
Scarlett---Mercer
Short Fuze--- Downtown
Snake Eyes---Snake Eyes
Stalker---Beachhead
Steeler---Sgt. Slaughter
Zap---Heavy Duty

What do you think?
An original 13 G.I.Joe team replacement



From there I wondered if I could fill in the '83 recruits with what I have.

Ace---Updraft
Airborne---Airborne (weird, huh?)
Cover Girl--- Dodger
Doc---  
Duke--- Falcon
Gung-ho---Muskrat
Snow Job---
Torpedo---Cutter
Tripwire---Tunnel Rat
Wild Bill---Wild Bill (weird again...?)




Beyond that, the '84 Roadblock could be Rock and Roll and Thunder is Wild Card.  But yes, way too much thought into something made up but I got stuff out and fun anyway.