About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

1.12.2020

A re-packer strikes!

Perhaps not as bad as Tatooine, however, if there is a bright toy center to the toy universe, my HQ's town is the farthest from it.

Kmart has been gone for a few years now.  The Fleet Farm Toyland section that at one time was stocked under a veil of secrecy, anticipation, and lower retail prices, once again just came in like any retail seasonal changeover.    It is hard to believe that it is  years ago that G.I.Joe stuff was at Fleet Farm.    (Of course, we do have a our couple of small comic shops and a retail franchise video game location, and the new collectibles shop almost next door.)

That leaves Walmart as the big go-to destination in town for toys.   And after today's trip going for the purpose of 4 different items, there was only one of them in stock, and I almost didn't buy it since it was more of a "since I'll be there" I will get it  (this item was outdoor light bulbs.)

I don't go to Walmart that often, and in the toy aisle, the Lego's are the most interesting thing to me.   I like to check out the Transformers, too, some are really fun looking and I have thought of buying some.

Before Christmas 2019, I was in the store and the PDQ display of plastic models was a surprising sight to me.   I can't remember the last time I saw plastic models in that amount in this town, the Star Trek ships being somewhat tempting to me.  Anyway, so today, passing  through, the Transformers with the exception of two were all sold through, some models added to the side aisle.

I don't play Fortnite but I have seen the action figures in the market, there is some appeal to me on these.   Plus with the chance that something from the Jurassic World might be there that might be fun to add in to a G.I.Joe collection, I'm kind of tuned in to looking at these things, too.

Without good vehicles, I haven't paid much attention to anything Star Wars.  Passing by this with the more green color I kind of glanced and I thought I was looking at a Fortnite package for a second.  With it in my hand I thought, wow, this would make a spot-on Lady Jaye and maybe I should look at Fortnite closer.

And then I felt dumb for ignoring the package looking past the figure.  And then I realized it was Lady Jaye and those were Lego pieces.  In Star Wars packaging.


And something I had not seen in who knows how long, a re-packed figure swap.  
So if you're buying an Offworld Jawa online from the west-central Wisconsin area your box is here.