About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.18.2012

NF Spearhead and other new toys

 I got some new toys.  I got a helicopter that I'll talk about completely separate another time.  I also got 3 more Rock "Range" Vipers, a Wild Bill (2000), and Night Force Spearhead.

Spearhead is a figure that is on my small GIJoe team, already.  You can read some of my original thoughts on Spearhead here.  Of course, keeping my small team small is a goal of mine, as tempting, and easy as it would be, to add more of anything at this point.  Night Force Spearhead will be replacing Spearhead (1988), an easy choice.

Spearhead is still a mostly blank slate character, but still hasn't gotten a lot of use.  That's why I wanted to hunt down this Night Force version.   The figure you see above may very well be the MOST expensive figure I've ever bought.  Easily in the top five, and I can only think of two other figures that are even within $10 from what I paid for this (Skymate and Ambush) right now.  Of course, it was with the funds that come from selling off a huge portion of ones collection, so not as painful, but still it feels like trading 20 figures for 1.

Only thing I can really complain about is that there is some loose wobble on the figures head (is this possibly a normal thing on this figure?).   Otherwise, I'm really happy to add the more subdued colors of Night Force Spearhead to my small team.  With his new uniform, Spearhead will really fit in next to my teams other members like Low Light and Beachhead.

The accessory compliment is the same as his original 1988 version, except all in black mostly.  The helmet surprised me in hand for the Night Force version as it has the camo paint still present instead of all one gray solid color, something that I was not expecting.   The Night Force machete also feels a little more thin, more flexible than the 1988 machete.


There is just a slight difference in the hair color from each figure, too.  The Night Force helmet doesn't feel like it has as tight of a snap-on fit as the 1988 helmet, and I also really dig the darker brown vest, and the black detail on the ammo belt.  This detail really stands out.



I never disliked the 1988 figures orange, but I am glad that there is some green-ish color on the Night Force Spearhead.  The belt detail really stands out, where it rather blended into the overall figure on the 1988 version.











Coming soon.