About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.24.2012

A break from the collection

Real life strikes, again!

And like before this is my choice, but this latest bit of real life is something that was bound to happen sometime in the upcoming year anyway.  While the amount of GIJOE has decreased slowly and surely here, other things have increased, and that means moving locations is upcoming.

And it is still quite a good time away that this is actually going to occur, but since I had more time with the holiday, I started picking through my corner of stuff, you probably read about my old doodles.  You may also know about my Rubbermaids that used to house many GIJOE vehicles and figures, well, I filled them up with ease with my small collection.

So, it's early, but my collection is pretty much packed away and ready to go.  Even though it is all still really accessible.  That's just the thing I liked about the Rubbermaids, too, fairly easy to pull out what you want and pop the top.  Well, unless the Rubbermaids are in a closet and each packed to the gills with several vehicles or a hundred-some figures, not THAT easy (or quick) to make a quick grab for just a few items of interest.

In the meantime, I have left my modern figures out.  I figure that with the junior joe we can have some fun with 'Joe as we build up to the next holiday.  The PoC VAMP is technically the junior joes, too, so I hope he lets me play with it with my figures.  I also hope we can find all the parts.  We also have the Fangboat for some adventures, but for some reason all the parts, the cannon, launcher, the turret...., all removed and currently scattered in many locations.  (I don't get it, but somehow I can understand where so many parts went missing off my old GIJOE stuff waaaaaaayyy back in the day.)

And yes, I have a quite a few modern (aka 25th, PoC, 30th, etc.) figures in the house.  I may attempt to trade a few that I still have in my possession, but I may just hand most over to the junior joe.   Some have very small parts, though that I may hang onto so we don't have figures without gear, or maybe I'll just hang onto the small gear.  

So, I'm ahead of life's path a little after the holiday, as far as Joe is concerned, I think this is a good time to let go with the imagination just a little more and see what someone else makes out of all this stuff.