About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

10.22.2012

barren retail

Took a trip to our larger city next door, haven't done that in awhile.  In a lot of ways I would have liked to hit up ALL the old spots I'd run through years ago, both retail and thrift, looking at new Joes that might be out there (even when I rarely bought any).  Since it was rainy and more little people were along with me, the outing was a little slower and much shorter than years ago.   We ended up only hitting a pseudo-antique/ flea market type shop and Target on the toy end of things.   I was hoping to at least see some Joe on the Target shelves, but nothing.   Kind of left me bummed, even when I wasn't looking for anything specific.



I was going to stop in at this thrift store ---> (link to craigslist), and I must have passed right by it (no signs).   I don't think I would have bought anything here, something feels like the prices might be up high on these, with small chance of bartering.  (there's one '93 Headhunter on the Terrordrome, too, so there could be a larger range of things here than the photos show.)  NOT that I need to be trying to acquire a Flagg, either, or other things, but there could be a pile of parts and accessories that would be useful to collectors here.  Sometime I'll maybe swing in, but I don't get to the "big city" hardly at all these days. 

This is more by choice, as I remember back years ago, making runs to the Twin Cities for stuff that wasn't there, or back over to this end, especially when I was hunting for the Operation: Crimson Sabotage sets (running over there almost weekly several times, to wait in early morning hours only to find on person bought them all the day before when they arrived).  


But it still just fun to go out and look.  At least I think so.   It's kind of a let-down when the retail spaces are completely empty of GIJoe, though.