About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

10.28.2012

A utility truck, what would fit?

My GIJoe motor pool is small now, while the Tomahawk is the core transport/ workhorse vehicle for my team, I was thinking I could use some kind of wheeled ground utility vehicle.

On the ground, I currently have "officially" an AWE striker and a Desert Fox 6WD.  I would like to add in some motorcycles, too, but I kind of want something that is somewhere between the Desert Fox and the old '83 A.P.C.  Something that is a little cargo and utility, but a little bit battle vehicle, too. 

The Hammer (1990)/ Brawler (2001) could be an option, but it is really wide with the side gun platforms, and left a lot of space in the middle inside that wasn't of much use to me.   It had a larger foot print than the Equalizer if I remember right.   Although, I do like that rear sliding trunk compartment.  But, still, it might be just a little too big.  (The actual 'Joe humvees-2004/ 2005 are too realistic for me.)

I mentioned the '83 A.P.C., and in some ways I wish they were making this Coyote.  But, with all the action features (which are cool) it might not have that much extra interactive play space for figures, nor the tighter realistic detailing that kicks it a notch above other toy vehicles sitting in the toy aisle.

I can't think of any wheeled vehicles that would fit what I'm feeling.

I'd like my motor pool to have a size progression from motorcycle, to 2-wheel drive (AWE), to a four-wheel drive (Badger, maybe, too bad THIS wasn't coming...), to a six-wheel drive (FOX), to a four or six-wheel truck that is just bigger than the Desert Fox, but narrower than the Hammer, and shorter than the A.P.C.

The MUV is sort of close in some ways, but the remote control parts and blocky form take away from the detail that I would prefer.  And if it wasn't for the blocky forms, the Splitfire and maybe even the Smokescreen would be good to try, but I am afraid I would want to modify these into something they're not.  If I'm going to start modifying, I think I might consider almost all scratch-built so I have the most possibility of what I want in the end.   But that can get tedious, and I would like to have it be a durable, playable toy after all.

Can you think of any wheeled vehicles that might fit, if this makes sense at all?