About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

9.12.2012

when old sites go down

I've been checking out GIJoe sites since sometime as early as 1996, but this became more and more as the years went on, and I think 2000 was probably when I really started reading forums.  And then 2001 and 2002, I joined some boards.

The old Devils Due boards were often a flurry of activity, especially as the new revamped adventures of GIJoe in comic form were starting at that time.  And then Sgt. Savage branched out.  And so on and so forth.

A lot of that is gone, a lot of the old discussions.  Little things, but it was fun.

I guess I was just thinking about this, as it seems like the forums have been very, very quiet lately.  Maybe everyone went to facebook, or maybe there's a new forum where all the activity is.

Maybe it is the lack of a movie, or new toys coming out that contributes to things being more quiet, too?