About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

9.02.2012

random thoughts

I decided to bring back two characters into my little JoeVerse, Cutter and Wild Bill.  I'm not really doing any "sea" battles, but that USCG background that Cutter brings really adds more overall service branch representation to my little Joe team.  Wild Bill is pretty much a pilot, but I figure since I'm kind of on the path to making my Joe team more mobile with helicopters, this makes sense as a need.   (Dogfight and Updraft could use some assistance, and we have 20+ guys to move around afterall.)  Of course, I don't have a helicopter for Wild Bill, yet.

I have a '90 (General) Locust that joined the Tomahawk.  It's an armed transport and mini-gunship duo, but I'm not 100% sure I really like the Locust.  It's a neat little helicopter, and it is kinda the GIJOE 'little bird' if one thinks about it, but mine has floppy side guns, and a floppy tail fan.  I like it over the Skyhawk and those variants, since fuel-consumption and simplicity are essential to my make believe nomadic self-supporting team (jet engines burn more fuel...).  

Should I think about a Mudfighter or a Skystorm?   I'm thinking three aircraft would be plenty overall, one transport, one ground attack, and one somewhere in between.  (I feel like I asked myself this question previously....)   This Joe blog has a nice picture of a trio of 'copters.  Maybe I should go this route?


With the addition of two figures, I am up to 30 GIJoe team members.  I was setting myself at 28, I do have one figure kind of on the chopping block, but should I up my team to 30?  Break my own little rules already?

I was hoping to get a Flint and/or Stalker on my team, they just didn't make it originally since I liked other figures, the actual design and all of other figures, more than the versions of Flint and Stalker that I did have.  So, until I identify versions of those two figures I like, they are on the back burner for bringing in for sure.

That's about random thinking today.