About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

9.02.2012

Battle Stands pt.2

Sorting out my battle stands was easy when it came to the accessory pack stands from the 1980's, and the battle sets, as well as the more colorful stands from the "battle corps" line.

I was able to pull out the black stands with the "1992" date stamps from amid the rest of the black stands.  The red 2006 "Viper Pit" red stands were easily separated from the pile, too.


It pretty much came down to the black battle stands with the "1988" stamp this morning.  I had already separated the softer plastic black stands with a short drop test on my little table, the sound was easy to find those in the mix.  I suspect, and this is totally a guess, that these softer black battle stands are from the figures that I bought from the 1997-1998 series.   (The number of stands is fairly close to the figures I had, too.)


From here, it was all the hard black battle stands.   I suspect that all of these, with "1988" date stamps, were all from figures from 2000 through 2006, or so, that I had.

I never really took a close look at these over the years, but I think it is interesting since I don't know exactly which came with which, you know?  I've long considered a figure "complete" that is loose with accessories, but no battle stand, you know?  


So, what I found, are black battle stands that are hard plastic, have some cavity numbers on them that could help.  I can't find a discussion thread that may give me more clues.

I have a straight "1988" date stamp, with the "made in" on it.

Then, there is a mold cavity that has a "1."
as well as a cavity with a sideways "1," with just a few of these.

Then there is a mold cavity that has a "3."
as well as just two with a cavity that has the "3" sideways.

Then there is a cavity "4"
as well as a cavity with a sideways "4,"

Then there is a cavity "5."   (there are NO sideways 5's, though...)

Then it jumps to a cavity "8."
and as well, a sideways cavity "8."

So, there's 10 different black battle stands, mostly the same except for the print on the bottom that I can see.  

I'm guessing that stands with NO cavity number came from the 2000-2001 figures.

Anyone know if there is a certain pattern to stands from the GvC figures and on?