About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

2.08.2012

Snake Eyes

Not much has changed since the last time I shared some thoughts on Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes is still my super-commando, and now, this figure is officially my new small team's addition.

The 1989 Snake eyes was my first Snake Eyes. I'm 99% sure I bought it at the old hardware store, "Bobs," back in the old old-town. (This was in Michigan where $.10 can deposits could be reclaimed quickly around the local taverns in the mornings, or even just along the road!)

Snake Eyes really could have been any figure/ character to me at that time. All I had to "officially" go on was my memory of the old cartoon re-runs, but Snake Eyes wasn't featured as hugely at that time as it seems he is now. It is most likely that the cartoon reruns were showing the old GIJOE: the movie still at this time, and Snake Eyes didn't stand out to me in that film.

I even remember thinking to myself, questioning whether or not Snake Eyes could talk. I mean, all I had to go on was Snake Eyes file card at that time. I most likely had my 1988 Storm Shadow at that time, too, and having him mentioned in the file card likely sparked some imagination. (This could also be why I have really considered Storm Shadow to be "good" all these years....) I also really wished to be able to get that 1989 Snake Eyes to be able to take those two big knives off the front of his chest to get into battle with, which actually happened years later with another version of that figure.



For my small team, I also considered using my 1991 Snake Eyes (which as my 50th GIJOE figure ever) instead of the more modern bash of the parts that I did choose. I still went with what I did though for the fact that there were more details painted on the modern vest, and then the vest looks layered on top of that. Where with the 1991 figure, it was simply just all gray, but it was a close decision as I think this figure is still pretty good!



For characterization, my Snake Eyes is a commando. I would think [my] Hawk, an original member of the GIJOE (arah) team, would want one of his best soldiers from that team with him on his new adventures, too.