About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

2.22.2012

An A.P.C. and other 6x6 thoughts

While I was searching for real world 6x6 military trucks, I came across THIS APC that is simply awesome looking. I like the old A.P.C. as is just fine, but this project looks like a lot of fun!!! Just imagine if the big H would just toss some springs and tires like this on their toys.

I was originally inspired by the Desert Fox on these searches, I was curious if there was a "jeep" or something that the 'Fox might have been based on. Not a truck, but I was looking for something more jeep-like. With some armor, of course.

There is this site with fascinating jeeps. The "T24 armored scout car" has a slightly similar 'Fox flavor, but I suppose, there are so many real-world vehicles that may have served as inspiration for the Desert Fox.

Other interesting real-world vehicles that came up in search results was the "M53/59 Praga" and "M8 light armored car." There are even "6x6 Landrovers."

Lots of cool stuff out there in the world!

perentie
btr-152
praga m53/59