About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

2.18.2012

Beachhead

I looked at Beachhead just a while ago. As I was deciding "who" was going to be on my small team in the collection, Beachhead (as a character) was sitting on my "B" team up until the last minute.

Beachhead is a good figure, and rather popular character. I don't think many would disagree with me on that. It was that very popularity where I was considering not keeping this figure, in some ways I was thinking I didn't want a limited collection that was going to look like just about every one other collection out there.

In the end, I kicked out Duke, though. And it wasn't because Duke was overly popular, but my Duke was at his core, a Ranger. So is Stalker, but, I don't/ didn't have a Stalker figure that I was happy with, and that left Beachhead as my team's Ranger.

I'm mostly happy with the decision, but, just now, I was thinking I should have kept that Night Force ('05) version. At the time of deciding, I didn't want to go all too dark and drab on my figures colors as a whole....

Either way, Beachhead makes a nice, fairly simply soldier looking figure-toy, but also brings a strong media essence of character to my small team.

I suppose in some ways, this figure also reminds me of my best bud a bit. Even though the figure I have might only be just parts of his original figure mixed into it. It is that very connection to the figure/ character that I have that helps to make my reasoning for it being in my collection so much more personal, too. A shared play experience, perhaps, is the best explanation?