About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

6.22.2010

Vehicles




The motor pool has been severely diminished from the size it was just a small five years ago. The top picture shows pretty much all the vehicles, although, there were more added shortly after the picture was taken, and I do think there were some larger vehicles on the floor not in the photo.

But back in 1991 is really where it started, though. For whatever reason. My best bud at that time was able to visit after I moved to a new town, and he brought a bunch more of his GIJoe stuff over for me. The above pictures show all the vehicles I had in the beginning of collecting.

(Photos 2 and 3 from the top)
If you analyze it, I wonder who had the upper hand, Cobra or Joe? My forces were not "split" into factions at this point at all. The TigerCat vs. Stinger? Triple T vs. HISS?
WHALE and Tiger Shark vs. the Piranha?

The photo must have been taken just after I bought the Cobra Rage new. That was my first new vehicle bought in the new town.

Much of it is gone, or replaced by a nicer version of a vehicle. IN the ground vehicles photo, the HISS, LAW, and DeSpoiler are still here. The other photo, only the Night Raven, WHALE, Tomahawk, and Dragonfly remain. The 1983 Headquarters has existed in my possession for as long as I can remember, but for its size it isn't always set up.

As I look back on what I picked and chose to keep, I wonder if I should have rather kept others over some? Or just kept more than I did overall?

One of these days I need to take a picture of everything I have. It's not a fast set up for me now, most things are, like I said earlier, in baggies or Rubber maids. And with a family, if I ever have free time to do it, I usually don't have a camera at hand. One of these days....