About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

6.15.2010

When vehicles ruled the collection

I miss my old vehicle collection. I could have kept it all, but back in late 2004/ early 2005, I had a lot of vehicles. And it wasn't even close to all the vehicles I could have acquired!!

I think the worst thing about collecting for me is that I want to have it all out, all the stuff out on shelves, ready to be set up for action. Being in a renting situation, though, having a lot of stuff is just a pain to move. And this proved true for me when I moved in the spring of 2005. Where in 2002, I had just one Ford Taurus Wagon filled with boxes and rubber maids when I moved into an apartment, in 2005 it took me almost three.

I may have been able to pack it better or more efficiently to get it down to 2 wagon loads, but either way, it was quite a bit of stuff. And to think of all the other small amounts of toys I picked up along the way. I'm a HUGE toy fan, that's why I came to this town for school to be a toy designer, but I had a lot of stuff. It had to get trimmed.

I started at the 2005 Joe con, trading and selling vehicles for figures I didn't have. From there, I made numerous vehicle for figure trades, or just outright sells, online. And I did a store trade-in with the old www.MyGenerationToys.com.

I moved again in 2008, and still had a lot of stuff, though. I made a few more trades online, and made a trade-in with www.BBTS.com (nearby, so that was cool), and got a lot of more figures in the processes.

I've got things down fairly bare-bones in the vehicle department, especially with Cobra, but I rather like the way things are shaping up.

I'm spending more time, as I get it, with vehicles that I really like more. I have more space, and I can really get everything out on a shelf. It's really been more fun with the simplicity, something I'm thinking of starting to carry over into my figure collection.