About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

6.19.2010

The HISS tank

Hiss Tanks are pretty recognizable by most as a staple vehicle of Cobra. I think more-so because of the old cartoon, and comic to a point.

The actual vehicle-toy to me has represented those venues of use. As a toy, though, it's been feeling a little under-whelming to me lately. The tread and chassis "block" are just that, a big block that has nice side-facing details in the treads, but the frontal view with it's ground dragging bottom isn't as appealing to me.

Twin battle cannons are all it offers for real offense, and on the toy they seem less than dominating, and a high-center of gravity doesn't say all-terrain high-speed to me anymore... I think it will tip over.

Perhaps it is because I've been watching monster trucks lately and as an old guy I'm starting to take notice on how those machines react to obstacles. I just don't feel the HISS anymore.

The HISS II and DTC Hiss are nice little tankettes/ APC's/ IFV's/ what-have-you, but I just don't dig them that much.

I think the 1991 Paralyzer is sadly forgotten. The orange color helps it be forgotten, but this is a nice low profile tankette that has a really go-anywhere feel to me. The recoiling twin cannons easily match what the HISS originally brought to the table and the triple missile mount ups the ante so that I can see this paralyzer doing it's thing against heavy armored targets, like GIJOE Maulers!

Price is deterring me currently, but I am heavily interested in the new upcoming 2010 HISS.