About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

9.02.2013

Battle station


Being more permanently located, more options for permanent disPlay places abound here.  Real life biting around the edges aside, I haven't been able to decide on exactly what I would like to do "permanently."

So instead of running out and amassing a lot of new material, I'm going to play my way into the space with what I have laying around.  That playing around with the display and storage aspect of my GIJoe collecting is really just about as much a part of the hobby for me.  Sometimes it was because of where I was living, or even at one time, it was all I had; making creative use of what was available was the way to go.

I have definitely reworked it all, no matter how I set it up over the years, too. Even back in the day at my parents, I would take all the vehicles down and rearrange shelves. 

It was a constant evolution, and really, why should today be any different?

Up above, well..., that's what I got done.  The big steel legs on that table are the ones I mentioned in a previous post or two that I picked up in about 2007 and are just now getting used. 

The big brown board is one I found up in the rafters of my last apartment, it's been one of my main "battle" surfaces over the last few years, and is a solid piece of material.

Surprisingly, and welcomed, the legs lift the board up to a good height for sliding Rubbermaids under the sides.

I attached the same 6-foot white board you have seen in many pictures here before just above the table on the wall.  Originally this was a spare board found in an older apartment from 2003-2005.

From here, I will may go purchase another 6-foot board, likely not as deep, to attach on the wall just above the white board.

On the bottom, I'm thinking my drawers will be good for spare weaponry and what-have-you.

It's not much, but, something got done!