About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.25.2013

The future is near, or, I almost started getting stuff setting up.

When nothing new is coming along, it seems like discussion slows down on what is already out there.  It's not unlike my own personal activity with my GIJoe collection.  Not a whole lot new going, however, I almost started setting up some shelves to get my meager action figure forces out.

It really almost feels like I am starting from scratch at this point.  Not since being a younger person still back in the day at my parents have I had as permanent a location to reside at.   The years in between then and now when it came to GIJoe decisions, display set ups and the like, always had the "temporary" theme behind anything I did. 

Everything I have been doing with 'Joe has constantly evolved, too.  It hasn't been an easy set up for me to decide on.  It's not like putting up the TV on a stand in a corner, and plugging in the VCR and DVD (yes, I do still have a VCR). 

You may know about the little water seepage, which seems to be contained.   Past that, my usual bracket shelves are hard to find spots for.  I'm really limited to one basement wall in my corner, and despite it being fairly solid feeling, I don't feel confident about putting a lot of stuff on it.

Yesterday, I almost set up my big brown panel board, as seen in this old photo (2010; I kind of miss my HQ, by the way.).
I bought these heavy duty steel stand legs at a garage sale for the purpose of putting them under this board in 2007.  That never happened, but I almost started getting that little project started last night.  The "junior joes" decided otherwise for me, though. 

As I was thinking about where to snug this board table in my little basement corner, I started to wonder if I really need that big of a board since I don't have an '83 HQ to use as the centerpiece of a (hopefully) permanent display in my little corner?

And it was about that point that real life called me back from the basement as I almost started setting some GIJoe stuff up.