About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

9.22.2013

Wish lists

Back in the day, wish lists were made for what was in the old JC Penney and Sears catalogs.  I'll have to see if I can find any that might be hoarded away and scan them.  That was even some of the fun, though, just the wishing.

The fold-in inserts that came with vehicles were another source of making up wishlists for me.  Seeing the whole product line up and being able to study them all was fun.


These days, I haven't heard the term of "wish list."  Maybe I just don't get out enough.   Or maybe it is all done online through a shopping web site, which is convenient now that I think about it.   Maybe the kids are even on the smartphones and everything is virtually connected?


Every once in a while, seems less frequent these days, us collectors and fans get a forum thread or online discussion going on a wish list.   It is kind of like more in the vein of re-issues now, like vehicles.    Or a modern style figure emulating a classic generation 1 or 2 figure.


In some ways, the Tomahawk came close to a modern wish list vehicle for me.  So far it has pretty much sat on a shelf, but hey, it looks good doing even just that.

Christmas seems to get pushed out on the retail side of things earlier every year, though, so that's what kind of made me think of the wish list.  But, September....., that's early, I mean just seeing Christmas department merchandise rolling in late June when I was working "big box" retail was one thing, but on TV and circular ads....., that's early.


For a GIJoe wish list this year?   What would you put down?  I can't think of anything, well, I don't even know if there will be any GIJoe stuff in the market to put down.


So, beyond the retail wish list I have to go, into that realm of stuff that will never happen but I can wish for it anyway, right?



Classic generation 1 style oring Viper Fire team 13 pack.
Cobra Stinger with swappable weapons turrets and extra armor, etc.
Cobra Ferret twin pack.



.....  wait a minute... this could get long.....