About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.09.2013

little things one forgets about

It's been roughly 9 months since I've had any of my figures out, or even had them in my sight.  I've opened up my very limited vehicles Rubbermaids a couple times (just for comparison shots with the Eliminator mostly).  

I'm thinking about this now since I have some free time.  The HQ shell has been more of a focus lately, some of it things that need to be taken care of, and some of it stuff that I have always thought would be fun (like landscaping, but that's way-off-blog-topic).

As we start our turn towards the fall season of the year, because August quickly turns into September, I think about all the stuff I have had and how many times I've packed it up, to re-discover what I had stored in some ways.

Growing up, my toys were always around.  Especially when we moved into civilization, a larger city, I didn't know anyone, and totally dug the availability of stores to browse.  I spent a good amount of time organizing in my formative years.

As the college years came in, I was able to leave some things out and about in my old room, but as time went shortly, I became concerned about sibling friends messing with my stuff when I was away at school, so I packed it up and stored most of it in boxes.

When I got an apartment where I was comfortable bringing my stuff down..., well, I had missed all my stuff, so..., I got all of it from my parents house.    In this apartment, I quickly ate up space as stuff came in and I unpacked it.

It really ate up space!

But in time, I repacked it for the destination of another apartment.   At that apartment, I took up most of the second room, and Rubbermaids filled out the closet solidly.   A few years later, we headed to my most previous apartment:  the apartment I was in during which the HQ was started.

At first, I didn't want to unpack everything, but I really wanted my stuff out.  The basement was originally going to be maybe a play area for the junior joe, but eventually I kind of took over most of it.

As time went on, I spent a lot of time picking through all my toys, eventually deciding on selling off everything else for the most part so I could really focus on 'Joe.

And it was good.  I was able to bring in more figures and other things.   From there, it was kind of a chore containing all the small things.  I sort of touched on storage and storage ideas in other posts.  And then it was making it all fit.

Essentially creating a whole personal imaginative " 'JoeVerse."  I had all sorts of organizing projects going on, especially on the GIJoe team side.  I was starting to build up Marauder, Inc. weapons assignments, too.

But as life goes, I made some changes.  I drastically cut my assets, essentially.  A few times.

Now, I have just a few Rubbermaids with GIJoe stuff.  My figures are all in little bags (from smalljoes.comhttp://smalljoes.com/, by the way; thanks for the dinner company at the 2005 convention guys; years later; still a great time to remember, I hope to do it again!!!).   But, in these little bags, everything is organized, even the supplemental Marauder, Inc. arms with figures I have certain weapons for.   The bags still have the air from my old home in them, never exposed to the air of the new, current, and hopefully permanent HQ.

Exactly what and where I organized it some 9-plus months ago, my memory is starting to go a little fuzzy, though.

And that brings me to my point.  After packing, acquiring, adding, repacking, unpacking, trading, selling, packing, acquiring, repacking, etc......, it comes right down to forgetting what I did, ya know?

That's one reason for the blog your reading (and of course, Thank you for doing so!!!!), so I can remember what I'm doing in this life with my GIJoes.  And it has been quite interesting, never would I have guessed just how circular my thinking and actions are.  Just when I think I have a new original idea...., I kind of had it just a few months ago.


After 9 months and then some, I would love to bust everything out and play.  I just don't have my area ready and comfortable for me to do so yet.  Life does have some other priorities, and even though they are out giving me some free time, this post is the best I can come up with.  OH, and my Eaglehawk, which is assembled next to me, which despite my little nit-pickings is still an AWESOME chopper.


But, the one little thing that has been most important to me over the last 9 months is the GIJOE online community at large.  It's a fun, playful, imaginative group of people that I would like for neighbors.  THAT would be fun.  Just like back in the day.   Bring each others forces over for a battle-royale!  






One aside from this random rambling, I gotta suggest checking out Sprecher  if you're looking for some good beverages.  There are a number of great flavors from root beers, colas, ginger ales, to other signature brews.