About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.12.2012

The Iron Grenadiers now.

This could be a "part V" of my Iron Grenadier posts, where I talked about how Destro and his forces came to be a part of my own collection here at the HQ, and some of what I think about these guys overall.

Today, Destro, like my GIJOE team, and the forces of Cobra, has been reduced to a very concise and simplified force.   (So simple, there's no vehicles for them currently :o.)  The picture that says it all:





It's my original 1988 Destro leading his Iron Grenadier army.   His distant cousin, Darklon, still survives and is a younger ambitious mercenary in a way; a character that adds the "new" angles to future play adventures is why he made it.

And then there is Metal Head, Destro's best weapons designer.  Well, second-best, next to Destro.  I'm kind of afraid to attach his thigh rocket holders and the hoses in case I snap off a peg right now.

And Iron Grenadiers, my original favorite 1988 troopers in their black and red, with just a hint of gold.   Supplemented by their "up-geared" counterparts in their night-fighting assault gear!


Every other trooper is now gone, and has been for almost 10 months now.  But I like it, just look at the more cohesive colors.    The only other trooper that I was on the fence about was the Club's Undertow subscription figure, but for me to try and build that figure into a squad would be most cost-prohibitive.  Plus, I'm out of aquatic adventures now, too.

Future goals for my Iron Grenadiers are to add more 1988 Iron Grenadiers, so if you have some you don't want, let me know!


A simple, efficient army.