About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.18.2012

Retaliation at Kmart on clearance

The local Kmart has all the GIJoe Retaliation figures in a clearance section.

Figures are at $5.00
The action cycles are at $7.00
The Fangboat and the Ninja-AWE are at $8.00

I thought my Fangboat at $11.99 was the best it was going to get, I wish I would have waited now.  But that's the thing, sometimes the wait is bearable for clearance...., but clearance never comes, or they get snapped up before you know it!


I was tempted for a split second to snap up some figures, I mean $5.00 single figures is pretty decent.   That is where these should be.   But I passed, for now, mostly since the Retaliation Roadblock figure I bought a while ago really angered me.  I should have read GeneralsJoes.com review before I bought it.   I wanted a modern Roadblock figure, and on the fly this one looked very good.  I thought the funky hand thing was just a Renegades style blocky gun (which I wanted).  Nope, and for me, so much to really like about this figure, but that action gimmick feature really ruins a good, solid figure.


But all is not lost.   With this surprise clearance find yesterday, I picked up the Ninja-AWE, and I'll be opening that up with the "junior joe" of the house at some point.

At $8.00 the price is really great.

Nearest price I can remember for an AWE like this is the $9.99 (or was it $8.99) for the 2001 AWE striker.  (which is my favorite, and current HQ "official" AWE. 

The best part is that now my AWE will be that disPlayed AWE, and this new one will be strictly play.