About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

12.24.2010

SOA

SOA at Youtube

Game Trailers at Youtube

A game I picked up in a Walmart bargain bin, Soldiers of Anarchy/ SOA, a game I found fun.
It was, I guess one would say, "buggy," but I liked the music and the backgrounds, I like post-apocalyptic stuff, too.
I really liked being able to select different characters, each of whom could be given more training, different weapons, and gain experience, and then being able to select the characters I wanted to go out on a mission.
Not only that, but being able to choose vehicles AND outfit them for missions was huge fun. Not to mention having to actually repair the vehicles after a mission, or re-arm them.
And having to trade for different munitions and vehicles added to some fun.

Actual story line and game play aside, this game really captured my imagination as to how I might like a GIJOE video game.
I suppose just a few years later, I wouldn't mind this still.
I like xbox Mercenaries quite a bit, too, but I think I would like to have more characters to control. With Mercenaries as inspiration, I could easily imagine running and gunning, and driving, through a GIJOE world.

I think I would like to try something closer to S.O.A., I think my speed would be the slowest thing, though; I can only do so many things before the game action starts to feel slow.

Still, just browsing these uploads makes me want to put some Stingers, STUNS, and FANGs in there and load them up with VIPERS.