About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.08.2010

Toys R Us Express

I was really not impressed with the Toys R Us Express store in Eau Claire. I'm not sure if this is the 1st or 2nd year TRU is going this route, but, I really see no reason to go buy there, or let anyone in the area that I know that the store is even there.

The Target has a much better selection of toys and games just a hop across the street, and the prices are much better. Add in that one could run to Fleet farm or Farm and Fleet for their seasonal Toy Lands for the different stuff that doesn't show up in the usual Target or Walmart stores; and the Toy Land prices were much better.

If you read this series of GIJOE thoughts, you can guess that I was looking for GIJOE stuff. On the cheap, I was actually inspired to look to see where the TRU Express store were going to be locally due to this thread at JBL . At $9.99, I would have cleared the store of the Stingers for sure and probably would have bought more than I really needed.

As it was, only the Ice Dagger, Dragonhawk XH1 , and the RoC Night Raven , were there for vehicles. The prices were set to full-high retail.
There were two HoH Snake eyes guys at a good price, possibly the rest all bought up prior to me getting there.

I hope more will come into the store. I'll check it out later in the month, just to do something, but I'm not impressed with the express, thus far.

Edit: it's about the 20th, so not a lot later from the last time (and first) I was in the store, but as far as 'Joe was concerned, nothing has changed. The only thing that was different was no Hall of Heroes Snake eyes figures to be seen. Unless they are overstocked on Daggers, Dragonhawks, and Ravens (I'm not surprised as Target seemed to be sitting on a pile of them, too, even at $14-something clearance.). I most likely will avoid that mall area for quite a while, too, as even yesterday was quite a zoo.