About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

11.27.2010

Big Leatherneck wall painting

Here is a link to a project I did back in the late '90's, it's a wall-sized painting of Leatherneck. In this series of photo scans it shows about 80% of what I did, and overall I only took the project 90% toward completion, mostly since I moved out of the place for the most part.

I would like to do another large scale painting like this. I chose Leatherneck as a "poster Joe" when I did that project, a sort of representative of Joes that most anyone viewing could say, "oh, G.I.Joe." For a potential next project like this, though, I wonder who I would pick? I guess any Joe would do. Perhaps Hawk '86?

Either way, the next project like this will likely not be for quite awhile, so plenty of time to mull it over.